Saturday, November 30, 2013

No Thanksgiving for Me - Why?

My husband always works on Thanksgiving. And I have learned to live with it. My mom always cooks and comes by. We used to split our time between my husband's house and mine until his mother passed away a few months before we got married. So me and mom have fun here and eat and watch football.

This year, hubby worked. Mom brought me Jenny Craig dinner (it was not great! But I appreciate the thought). She is tired. I understand. I have to start learning how to do the turkey. Hubby and I are going to try before next year. After 13 years of me being sick, for Christmas, we finally had Christmas dinner at our house last year and we will again this year. There are not many people left on either side of the family so it is a big deal when we can all get together.

So this year, I just slept on Thanksgiving. My hubby woke me up before work.I went downstairs watched the Green Bay game. Then I could not keep my eyes open. Of course you all know I love the Steelers so I set the alarm for 8pmEST of. :) I wound up waking up at 7p which worked out perfect. I Fed the dog, fed me and before I knew it it was 8:30 and than in the blink of an eye the game was over. Than I realized I missed having someone around.

Mom had laundry and wanted to help me decorate and clean but I was not up to it. I asked her if she wanted to watch the game still she said it was to late. (She hates driving in the dark, the rain, and the snow). I could not be happier to see my husband walk in the door at around 10pm and I realized I did this to myself. I should have just had mom come over. But then there is that part of me that does not like people, even family being around when I do not feel well.

Tonight my husband has his friends over to play poker. I would have played because we all have such a good time, but I don't feel well. My husband has the nicest friends. I have known these guys 20 years. It is nice to hear voices as they drift upstairs into the bedroom and to hear Christmas music coming from downstairs also.

I guess my point is if I feel bad, sometimes it is brought on myself. I am a social creature. But I also have bad anxiety (great mixture huh?) So I know this whole month I want to focus on having company come by, eating right and exercising so I do feel bad and can enjoy all the holidays and Thanksgiving next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment