Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Why Today?

I hope you all had a good day.

I missed all of you today.

I was so happy at 3:30 am when I did my last post here about the books I won. And happy to see those beautiful necklaces that were posted by my friend. Book necklaces how cool.

I wanted to keep going, but I knew the laptop needed a break. I also had not felt well, on the verge of a migraine all day.

I just woke up.At 5pm.

Good thing my husband has enough sense to know when I am sick and did not wake me up before he left for work.

why today?

I had plans. Big plans.

I went to bed early and shut off the laptop COMPLETELY so I could just not pick it up to "check" anything.

Like I said last I checked it was 3:30am. I won two books! I posted about it. I went to sleep happy.

I woke up in the dark.

I thought I had only slept an hour and it was still dark out.

As I turned to look to the left where my alarm clock is, I see that it is 5:05. PM!!!

I have a migraine.

I need to read and I need to blog.

I really need to get the house in order for the poker game on Saturday.

And I need to get the rest of the Christmas decorations up.

If I read, my migraine will get worse. If I blog, the glare of the screen will make my migraine worse.

I take my medication. And pray.

I should close my eyes but when you do not work, you blog and people read and at least you feel like you got something done.

I am having coffee. I do not drink a lot of caffeine so maybe that will help.

I see I have 12 messages on Booklikes. I have way more on Goodreads. Lord only knows what AOL has waiting for me. I am going to look.

I love my little family here. I love all of you who read my blog. I hate missing a day because I feel like I have let you down.

I know I am no great American novel writer or even the best blogger, but from feedback I have received from various sources, I am doing a good job. And I want to keep doing it.

I like to connect with people. I always did and always will.

I would like, for those of you who know and believe in me, I pray for you, and those of you who do not know, to please go to this link and read it. It explains about how a migraine feels. I nailed it. I worked hard on it. This is from about a week or two ago. I can recall pain like it is happening right now. Any pain in my life.

http://nino5555.blogspot.com/2013/11/migraine.html

Also, I am entering a short story contest. It is a great story but too long. I need 500 words max. Please, and I hate HATE to ask people for things I like to be the person doing for others (Why I became an RN!) but say a little prayer help. I need to get the story length and let it still be scary. If not maybe I need to find another contest. Or another idea.

HUGS TO YOU ALL! HAPPY READING! Read a page or two of a book today for me :) Or do something fun, or watch a good show. Just think of me. I believe in positive energy and white light.

No comments:

Post a Comment