Saturday, November 30, 2013

Violence Again Women

I got a lot of views on my post for violence against women. It is horrible, how many animal cruelty commercials do we see? Why are the ad agencies not putting this money into showing the abuse and violence of women?

I told you I was on the receiving end of violence a few times but I wanted women to talk to me if they needed to. Not my current husband, but ex-boyfriends hit me once. ONCE. But like my mom said "He lays his hands on you once, and that is it". Did you know a husband can rape his wife? If the wife says no, it is considered rape. They mention that in their article.

I knew one author mentioned something on the 25th of November. I meant to look into it more and I found some answers.

I could not copy and paste the whole article but please read it here: (I am so sorry, I could not make this clickable. Please copy and paste it.)

http://www.forextv.com/forex-news-story/help-stop-violence-against-women-and-girls-united-nations-16-days-of-peace-unite

Here is an excerpt:

United Nations (UN) Women has started their 16 days of Activism to end violence against women and girls, from Nov 25 – Dec 10. We should accept nothing less than zero tolerance. Wear orange to end violence against women and girls. 1 in 3 women and girls will experience violence in their lifetime.

In 2008 UN Chief started his UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign. UN Women, Say No – UniTE, launched in 2009, showcases the advocacy efforts and engages people from across the world, from all walks of life, online and on the ground.

[UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is calling on people to wear the colour orange to mark the International Day to End Violence against Women on 25 November. It's also a chance to recommit to preventing and halting all forms of violence against women and girls, he noted. Mr. Ban is asking people to make a special effort and advocate for the cause for the next sixteen days, between 25 November and 10 December, Human Rights Day.]

I have to find them but there are many books out recounting tales of domestic horror by abuse. I am the type of the person that would pick up the phone first if I ever saw anything.

I want to volunteer where I can, donate, and participate. I want to do some more research but take a look here. I mean, all those dog commercials? I love dogs and animals but why are there a million of them on and nothing about preventing cruelty against women. I know I said this alread but really? Is a woman less important then a dog!? We need to bring this to the light. I hope you enjoy the article. Please share in the comments of if you need to talk privately, email me at Chocolatemint515@aol.com.

I will get more information for you. Let us try to do something here. Organize events in our town. Do a walk like they do for breast cancer. Anything. Please think about how lucky you are if you never had a man lay his hand on you. And if you are a on the receiving end of violence, I suggest you go to your local police station.




No comments:

Post a Comment