Sunday, November 3, 2013

To The Man Who Thinks Blogs Are Stupid - open letter

"I think blogs are stupid so I won't be looking"

This is what a friend of mine for over 10 years said to me after I posted my link to here on Facebook.

REALLY??!! I am not going to use your name because I have this thing called RESPECT for people. You -up there on your high horse, always telling people what to do and how to do it. You have made me upset and sick more times than I can count. But I tell myself you are in pain (so am I), and you are alone so I let it slide.

But this is the straw that broke the camels back.

I hope you do take a peak here. I hope you read my next Facebook post where I mentioned my new book blog and that "If you are not interested, simply do not visit. I do not need to hear your reason, especially if you do not like blogs".

Yeah, you did it pal. The claws come out maybe once or twice a year and you got to close to the bear cave. So everyone that saw that comment from you, and my very next comment will know who it is directed at. And I know that at least they support me. And even if they do not they were not cruel to me.

Now lets talk about all the things you have done over the years that I have kept quiet about. Your crocheting, you letters that you send out that are pages and pages long, the groups you join the things you obsess about, etc. The way you break down people and pick them apart and leave nothing left like a vulture pecking at the last bit of meat on the skeleton of some road kill.

Your words hurt other people. You are mean. There I said it. People are a lot worse off than you. And they do not act like you.

You always correct everything! We are all not (name changed to protect a jerk) John clones. I bet you would love that. A whole world filled with people exactly like you to listen to your rambling about how no one is collecting their prizes on Facebook games and how you hate your job and how the other drag queens act. OOPS! Have I said too much?

Was this ever a friendship. I really question that now. Because friends support each other. Friends build each other up not tear each other down. A real friend would have, if they did not like blogs, would just have not visited. There is no Blog Police. My ticker only counts numbers it does not give names.

So while I have already (sort of) let it go. Let us see what happens the next time you ask me to look at something of yours.

I believe in Karma so I am not worried about you getting what you deserve. And I think I speak for everyone that has crossed your path. And you are on every single site there is but complain you have no friends and they keep leaving. You never see the problem is staring at you in a broken mirror. Broken like you are. You are a broken man and that is part of what makes you act like this. I would have liked to have known you when you were young. I wonder if you were always so mean. No wonder (names changed to protect the innocent) Charles left you. If you treat your friends like this, I cannot imagine how you treated your boyfriend. I bet he never felt support from you.

I will never forget those words you wrote. They are they for everyone to see. If I saw that on someone else's Facebook page, I would say "Wow that was a jerky thing to say. I wonder if he is like that all the time?" And then I would wonder why my friend was friends with someone like that.

Thank you also, for correcting my spelling and grammar when I wrote to you about a serious and painful issue. That was nice of you.

I want to say I think many things you do are stupid. But you like them and you are my friend so if it is important to you it is also important to me. And that much even I believe even children can figure out.

Your words cut so deep like a hot razor sharp blade. I can have instant recall of those feelings whenever I think about what I read.

Thank goodness I am a strong person. And I know how you can be. Or else, I may have given up. I may have let those shards of glass hurt me. But I did not.

If I was three I would say "I think you are stupid so I am not going to look at you!" If I was three.

But I will hold onto and let go of the anger at the same time. Holding onto it for recall when you want to know what is wrong with me. And letting it go because it doesn't matter. Plenty of other people, strangers are interested in what I have to say.

You are an aging, sad little man. You are pathetic at times. Nothing in this world is your fault. There is a name for people like you I just do not quite know what it is.

When my blog is popular, when I write that first short story, when I publish my book someday, I may say I do not know you. And when you ask why, I will pull this up for proof. I would give any of my friends the shirt off my back willingly. You can stand there, naked and cold and shivering, sad and lonely. And suffer.

Those of you that know me may be a little shocked at my words. There is only so many times you can poke a bear before it bear smacks you good and you are down for the count.

And guess what? If you do not like this blog, oh please comment! I want to know who you are. If you give constructive criticism kindly I like that. That is how you do things right.

You did not have to be so mean. Who would think 10 little words would do so much damage?


This picture represents how I feel. The black fallen angel. Maybe I am mean but I am really good. Or once was. 10 little words turned me into a dark, depressed, and angry person who is always an angel. You turned everything black. You did a good job. I hope you are happy.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is the best one you've written yet - on any of your posts.

    I know how you feel, too. I had someone tell me that I was "a nothing" when I told him that I was frustrated with writing. I was "a nothing" just like "every other nothing who says they are writing a book" and that I would never be anything until I had finally published it, but the way he said it, it was as if he "knew" it would never happen.

    Those words are very painful - and they never leave - no matter how hard you try to forget them. They take a lot away from you - and whenever you try to do what you were doing, what once made you happy, those words come back to haunt you again.

    My mom says people like that are just jealous. I try to remember that when I'm afraid to work on what I love because of his words. Maybe it will be a good thing for you to remember as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you know that feeling. I can cripple you. But you are so right, it is very hard to get past. I am sure you remember that like it was yesterday. Or right now. People need to be careful with words you cannot take them back. Thank you for the compliment. I want to write more like this. But why does it all have to be anger that fuels my writing? I guess I can adress that here lol!

    ReplyDelete